Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Siren's Song, NaNo 2008, Chapter Ten

Tucker picked her up at the apartment an hour later. Senga was giggling like a school girl when he buzzed up to the apartment.
“I got the Jaguar, I mean your chariot awaits, my lady.” Senga grinned to herself, and adjusted the neckline of her barely appropriate dress to make her boobs look bigger.
Down the elevator she went, hopping from foot to foot in her heels. And there Tucker was, looking as handsome as ever. With more roses. Senga grinned so wide, her face would have broken. Tucker offered his arm to her, which she took gladly. He smiled down at her, and led her out to the car, the flashing neon lights of the Strip reflected in the windows and glossy paint job of the sports car. Senga reached a finger out to touch the car. Tucker laughed and playfully slapped her hand away.
“It’s a rental, Shhhh.”
“We’d better stay out of the backseat then.”



Senga winked up at him, which made him blush. “To our destination, my lady.” He opened the door of the car, and she managed to get in without showing the valet her lack of underwear.
The engine didn’t just purr, it roared, the sound waves working their way through the seats of the car. Senga grinned up at Tucker, and winked.
“Whoa.” She whispered.
Tucker blushed again, and pulled up outside a club with a long, long line of people waiting outside. Except Tucker just got out of his car, and after letting Senga out of the car, walked through the bouncers without saying a word. The last time Senga got this kind of treatment, she was 16, and it wasn’t exactly wanted treatment.
Senga had to stop when they were inside, and just stare. She’d been living in Vegas for a couple of months, and the glitter and neon of the city still made her stare like a country bumpkin. Tucker tugged on her elbow gently, and slid his arm around her waist. “Come on, I have a surprise.” She said, leading her through the dance floor, through the hot, sweaty bodies gyrating to the soulless electronic pop music. As a musician, Senga didn’t consider this stuff music, but after a few drinks and the right person pressing against you to the beat, she could accept it as an art form.
A velvet rope was lifted for them, and Tucker led Senga to a table in the back. It was laid out with champagne and ice and glasses, and lots of little sparkly things that resembled rhinestones. It was country bumpkin time again.
“My lady.” Tucker pulled out a chair for her to sit in, and she might have been too cautious and slow in sitting down. He looked at her, concerned. “Is everything okay?” he asked softly.
She nodded and smiled up at him. “Everything’s okay, really. Just a little stunned at all this…”
He sat in the seat across from her and poured her a glass of the good, cold, crisp champagne.
“Everything okay?”
“Tucker, everything’s wonderful.” She said, reaching out a hand, covering it with hers. He just nodded and poured his own glass.
After taking a generous sip from the glass, he gave her a small smile.
“So, you grew up in Boston, travelled extensively, and you know how to patch up a broken face. Tell me more.” Tucker asked, giving her own hand a squeeze.
*Senga took an equally generous sip from her glass and smiled. “I vacationed in Greece as a child, I’ve always wanted to visit Japan, but I’m not a fan of Japanese food.” She said, giggling. “Also, I can touch my pinky toe to my nose.”
Tucker just laughed, “Prove it?”
She laughed and pulled her leg up onto the table and took her shoe off, and carefully reached up to touch her little pinky toe to her nose.
“Ta… Dah!” She managed to whisper from behind her foot.
Tucker was laughing from behind his glass. “That’s cute.”
She put her foot back down, slipping it back into her shoe. She giggled and sipped her drink, letting the bubbles roll on her tongue.
“Spared no expense?” She asked, laughing.
“You know good champagne.” He said, looking at her curiously.
“I grew up around it. I grew up in Boston, on Beacon Hill.”
Tucker nodded slowly, taking it. “So you grew up around money.” Senga’s red flags went up.
“Yeah, but I’ll have no part of it. My parents are separated, my mother is in Greece, and my father is still in Boston. And when I left Boston, my father wrote me out of the will, so I’m on my own for now.” She said softly, biting her lip. She remembered that phone call. Her father had called her in New York, and made sure Senga knew exactly what would happen to her financial affairs if she stayed out of the city. Andy hadn’t been much help either, helping her father freeze her bank account.
Tucker nodded slowly. “And how is that working for you?”
“It’s going well enough. My roommate pays for the hotel room we’re living in, and he keeps to himself, I keep to myself. And I make enough money to buy food, and clothes, all the essentials…”
Senga stopped in midsentence, peering over Tucker’s shoulder at the form who had just appeared at the rope.
“And here he is.”
“Senga! Darling!” Hades said, grinning and stepping over the rope to come over to the table. He had the blonde of the evening draped on his arm, and they stumbled into the private area together. When they finally reached the table, Hades leaned against it with his usual swagger, which was intensified by the alcohol.
“Had… Henry. What are you doing here?” She muttered, looking a little grumpy. The look on Tucker’s face said something similar. Hades just grinned. “I thought I saw you two lovelies come in the door, and just had to make sure I saw correctly.”
Senga set her jaw, annoyed, and opened her mouth to speak, but Tucker stood up instead.
“I’m Tucker, pleased to meet you… Henry is it?” He put his hand out to shake Hades’, but Hades just looked at Tucker’s outstretched hand, bemused.
“I suppose you could call me that.” Hades said, the smirk on his face growing wider. “Now, Senga, you really should be heading home, it’s getting late.”
Senga raised an eyebrow at him. “I’m on a date, fuck off.”
Tucker put a hand on her arm, sensing her distress. “It’s okay, he was just leaving, right?” Hades just smirked more, and turned around, “Honestly, you can do better Senga, my dear.”
At that Senga stood up, and grabbed Hades’ shoulder to spin him around. She drew herself up to her full height, meeting his eyes with as much venom as she could muster.
“Don’t ruin this for me.” She said, in a whispered hiss. “He’s making me happier than Andy ever did.”
“That’s not saying much, y’know.”
She blinked, and set her jaw. “You asshole.”
“I never said I was anything but. Poseidon told me to watch out for you, and that’s what I’m doing.” Hades said, putting a hand on her shoulder.
She shook it off, turning away from him, and going back to sit down. Tucker slid his body between them, and seemed to puff up. “You should leave.” He said quietly, staring Hades down.
Hades’ familiar bemused look crossed his face, and he laughed a little. “Okay, little man, me and my date will be leaving you two to your charade. Have fun.” He waved at the two and stepped over the rope partitioning them from the rest of the club. Senga didn’t watch him go, just stared at the table. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Hades said that his brother had told her to watch out for her. And she didn’t appreciate feeling like she was a child who needed watching. She’d been through more than either of those two had, and she could take care of herself.
Tucker moved his chair over to her, and put a hand on her back. When she flinched, he drew it away quickly. “Sorry.” He muttered, moving back around the table.
“No, it’s okay.” She said softly, reaching across the table for his hand, which she found and squeezed. “I’m the one who should be sorry. He’s just really protective of me, like a big brother. And him and his brother are the closest thing I have to family now.”
“Don’t make excuses, he was being a jerk. You’re a grown woman. You don’t need to be looked after. Especially not by him.”
Senga bit her lip. And she thought she was done making excuses.
“What did he mean by charade?” Tucker asked, looking at their intertwined fingers.
“I don’t know. I mean, I’m pretty sure he thinks that this isn’t serious. He brought me out to Vegas to have fun, and let my hair down. And he I am, diving into a relationship with a man I barely know…”
“That could be considered letting your hair down.” Tucker pointed out.
Senga laughed a little, “You’re right, but I don’t know if going out on dates is his idea of letting loose. You saw the floozy hanging off his arm. I’m probably going to have to make the poor girl breakfast in the morning, and next week, I’ll find a bra that isn’t mine appear in the laundry.”
Tucker made a face and laughed as well. That made her smile. At least he seemed to be at ease. He gave her hand a small squeeze and took a sip from his champagne glass.
“Now, how about letting loose a little more? There’s a dance floor that’s barely been touched.” He said, putting his glass down and helping her up from the table. He winked at her, and spun her around as the partition between them and the dance floor was lifted. Senga smiled, and was led out onto the floor.
Tucker pulled her close, and slid his arms around her. Senga leaned back and laughed, swinging him around the floor a little, bumping into people. He tightened his grip around her waist.
“Hello there.” She said, looking up at him and pressing against him.
He snorted, “Hello yourself.”
Tucker dipped her down low, and smiled down at her. “So I have an idea.”
“And that would be?”
“Instead of you making breakfast for your roommate’s one night stand, why don’t you stay with me tonight?”
Senga blinked, breathless and confused. “I… I would like that.” She whispered, reaching up to run her hand through his hair. “But… let’s not go too far.” She added softly. Tucker nodded, and Senga rested her head against his chest, and smiled to herself.
The song ended, and Tucker gave her one last spin, pulling her towards the door.
“Time to go?”
She nodded, “I think so.”
He nodded, and when they got outside, he grabbed the keys from the valet, and they were off. Tucker nearly floored the gas pedal, not even pausing when they sped through the busy Las Vegas traffic. When they stopped, they were back at the hotel.
“Thought we were going to your place?” Senga asked, looking up at the familiar main entrance. Tucker laughed.
“This is my place. I’m pretty sure I have the suite below you.”
“Stalker much?” Senga teased, grabbing for his hand.
“Nah, but I’ve seen you around, I suppose.” He smiled and ran his fingertips up her jawline.
She snorted, and gave his hand a little tug, pulling him towards the doors and the elevators.
“Patience, little one. My room isn’t much to look at.” Tucker said, shrugging and sliding his arm around her waist. Senga just smiled and leaned into his shoulder. He pushed the button to go up, and pulled her in as soon as the doors open, leaving them alone.
“Now what?” Senga asked, looking up at Tucker, a devious gleam in her eyes.
He smirked a little, and leaned in. “I’m not sure, what would you like?”
“Oh, I’m not sure.” She said with all the innocence of a five year old.
“I have an idea.” He whispered, biting his lip. He leaned in a little more, and pressed his lips against hers. Senga almost jumped out of her skin. But her lips took on a life of their own, and kissed him back. Her hands slid into his hair, tugging at it gently. She smiled against his lips when she thought she heard him groan.
His hands were slowly sliding down her sides, finding the hem of her dress. Senga flinched, ever so slightly, and he noticed.
“Is this okay?” He stopped kissing her, and put his hands back around her waist.
“It’s just been a while.” She whispered. “It’s okay.”
Tucker raised an eyebrow, and nodded. Senga bit her lip. Mood ruined. She smiled up at him, and pulled him close, sandwiching herself between him and the wall. “So your idea? I think we should continue the discussion.”
He chuckled, shaking his head. “I agree.” He said, whispering hot and low in her ear. She shivered, and tilted her head, exposing her neck. Tucker smiled and dove in, nibbling at her skin. The doors of the elevator opened up on his floor, and Senga half-dragged him out into the hallway.
Tucker found his room, and pressed her against the door, while he fumbled with his keys. And she was encouraging him, sliding her hand under his shirt, and biting at his shoulder. He groaned and found his key, and as soon as the light turned green, he pushed against her hard, sending their bodies flying into the room and on the floor. Senga giggled, and pulled his shirt up and off.
He raised an eyebrow, and kissed her hard, then picked her up. She laughed and kicked her shoes off, wrapping her legs around his waist. He carried her the short distance to his bed, and laid her down gently.
“Tucker?” She whispered in his ear, guiding his hands under her dress.
“What?”
“You left the door open.”
He groaned and slowly pulled away from her, sprinting to the door and slamming it shut. When he turned back to her, she was shimmying out of her dress. He waggled his eyebrows at her. “Now, where were we?” he said, pushing the neckline of the dress down over her shoulders.
“I forgot. Remind me?” She whispered, pressing her body against his.
“Gladly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment