Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Siren's Song, NaNo 2008, Chapter Eleven

Senga rolled over, groaning. Her bed was entirely too hot and something kept kicking the back of her legs. For a brief moment, a cold pit formed in her stomach. This wasn’t her bed. And that was…a man? Tucker. She let herself breathe, and settled back against him. His arms just curled around her tighter.
This was different. And she liked it. Opening her eyes to wipe the sleep out, she thought she saw Hades glaring at her. And flames coming from his hands. She blinked, startled, and the image was gone. Tucker stretched behind her, his hands creeping up her stomach to her breasts. They paused momentarily, and he let out a loud yawn.
“Mmm, what have I found here?” he whispered into her ear. She giggled and rolled over to face him and kiss him.
“Just a strange, naked girl in your bed.” She said when she pulled away from kissing him.


“Strange, naked woman.” He corrected her, “There was nothing girly about you last night. That was all woman.” He yawned again, and buried his face in her neck, kissing it softly.
She laughed, and snuggled into his arms. “I don’t believe it either.” She grinned up at him and ran her fingers through his shaggy, messy hair, down the edge of his ears, and down his neck. Tucker shivered and pulled her close, kissing her.
“Re-enactment of last night?” She said, her hands running down his sides.
He winked. “Is there a problem with that, my lady?”
She laughed, and rolled over on top of him. “Yes. How about something different?”
“I have no issues with that.” He muttered, looking her up and down. His hands traveled up around her waist. “You’re beautiful.” He whispered, pulling her body close to his. Senga blushed, her naked body going very pink in the morning light. Tucker grinned wide.
“So beautiful.”
***
The morning had come and gone. As well as a long breakfast, lunch and shower. Senga and Tucker were lounging on his bed, laughing and teasing each other about work.
“You work too hard.” He said, dragging his fingers down her stomach.
“And your job is dangerous.” She giggled, intertwining her hand with his.
“I like the thrill.”
“And I like to sing.” She smiled, leaning over to kiss him. Their lips met, and Tucker reached into her hair, pulling her in tight. Senga sighed into the kiss. She was reluctant to pull away.
“I have to get ready to go.” She whispered against his neck.
He nodded slowly, wrapping his arms around her waist. “Just a few more minutes.” He said softly. Senga sighed in response, and rested her head on his shoulder. “I wish I could.” She whispered back.
Tucker sighed and let go of her.
“See you at the show?” She asked, slowly sliding out of bed.
He nodded, and got up behind her. His hands wrapped around her waist once more. “Then see you back here?” He whispered in her ear, his hands sliding up her torso to her chest.
“Mmm, you tease. I promise.” She moaned quietly, arching herself into his hands. She smiled and turned, kissing him deeply. He groaned into her mouth, and pulled away.
“Go, get ready for work. The sooner it’s over, the sooner I’ll see you back here.” He said, smiling. Senga laughed and went around the room, picking up her clothes. “Oh, that’s a nice view.” Tucker commented, appreciating her backside as she bent over to pick up her shoes.
She laughed again, and kissed him again, as she pulled the dress over her head. He gave her behind a gentle smack as she went out the door, pulling her heels on.
Hades was waiting in the hallway, outside the door. His face was dark, and dangerous. “Did you get my message?”
Senga shrugged as she stuck her keycard in the door. Hades glared at her, and a gust of wind slammed the door shut in her face. She blinked and turned to face him, glaring at him with just as much darkness as he was looking at her.
“Walk of shame, walk of shame. Do you even remember the boy’s name?” Hades said, his voice sing-songing.
“How dare you. How DARE you.” Senga slapped him hard. “The first time I go out, and have fun, you start acting like a jealous high school boy!”
“I’m protecting you! I spent nearly ten years watching Andy toss you around like a ragdoll. I’m not going to stand around this time.”
“This is my life. I can handle myself.” She said, her voice low and deadly.
“You can’t handle this man. Poseidon and I left you alone for what, an hour? Next thing we know, you’re being raped and dragged off by Andy! What makes you think you can handle another relationship?”
Senga closed her eyes, and pushed against the door once more, throwing it open, only to have it slam back harder. She flew across the hall into the wall.
Hades knelt beside her, petting her hair gently. “Senga, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…” Senga swatted his hand away, and struggled to her feet. She made it a point to not accept his help.
“Don’t you dare touch me.” She growled, nearly kicking the door down to get inside. “When my show is over tonight, I’m out of here.”
Hades followed her inside, and grabbed her arm. “I promised my brother I’d keep an eye on you.”
“I told you not to touch me.” She pulled away from him, and started gathering her things for the show.
Hades groaned and threw his hands up in the air. “I said I was sorry.”
“Yeah, so did Andy.” Senga said, turning to him. “And what did that get me? A broken nose, and a broken life. Get out. I don’t ever want to see you again.”
“But… I love you.” Hades said, angry, through his teeth.
“You… you love me? You don’t love me. You covet me. Like Andy did, well, does.” She hissed at him. “I don’t believe you.” Senga slammed her bedroom door behind her so she could seethe, and change and get ready. But Hades wasn’t having any of it. He pushed through the door, and grabbed her arm.
“You love me too. Please don’t deny it.” Hades growled and pushed her head aside, exposing her neck and the love bites covering it. “This… Tucker, he’s only using you for your body. And you may not realize it now, you may not realize for a while.”
Senga struggled out of his grip, and punched him square in the face. “I’m leaving. And like I said, I don’t ever want to see you again.” She started stuffing her possessions into her duffle bag, like she’d done so many times in the past. “Get out.”
Hades blinked quickly, and turned on his heel, leaving the room. He let the door slam loud behind him. Senga sat down on her bed, putting her head in her hands. She wanted to cry. She needed to get out. This was all too familiar. She picked up her bag, and stormed out of the suite. Hades didn’t even try to stop her.
“Tucker!” Senga pounded on his door, choking back sobs. She could… she could cry here, and not feel judged. She’d be safe with him.
Tucker opened the door, looking at her, curious and worried. “Senga…?”
“I had a fight with Hades, I mean, Henry.” She bit her lip, knowing she’d slipped up.
“Hades? You said his name was Henry. What’s going on?”
“You should sit down. And you’re never going to believe a word of it.” She said softly.
“You’d be surprised what I might be able to handle. I… I care about you.” He took her hand, and squeezed it gently. “Come in… please.”
Senga smiled, and sniffed back the mucus she’d had from so much crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment